Nick focuses his practice on assisting in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and in drafting opinions on the patentability of inventions – primarily in the computer and electrical arts. In addition, he assists clients on a wide range of patent and trademark issues.
Specific experience includes assisting clients with products including:
- Design of AI/machine learning systems
- Image processing software
- Digital signal processing
- Wireless communication
- Home appliances and kitchen equipment
- Refrigeration system controls
- Medical equipment
- Circuit board manufacturing systems
Prior to joining Pearne & Gordon, Nick interned at Diebold Nixdorf, where he developed software for ATMs. Additionally, he worked as a software engineer at an Akron start-up company, where he was involved in the design of a low-code/no-code Saas platform.
During law school, he was involved in the Intellectual Property and Technology Law Association and the university’s Trademark Clinic, where he assisted in pro bono trademark prosecution. Nick began as a law clerk at Pearne & Gordon while attending law school. He is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2021, Certificate in Intellectual Property
- University of Akron, B.S. Computer Engineering, Computer Science Minor, 2016
- Ohio Supreme Court