Tomoko has broad experience in patent application preparation and prosecution in the mechanical/electrical field, specifically with a variety of mechanical devices (e.g., wind turbines, mounting devices, screen printers, component embedded substrates, filters, fans, production systems, smart phones/tablets/remote controlling devices, plasma processing, imaging apparatuses, hearing aids, endoscopes, injection devices); construction of semiconductor devices; gyro sensors; accelerometers; microcapillaries; material science/chemistry (e.g., LEDs, MOS, semiconductor substrates, thermoplastic materials, optical materials, batteries), and bio-pharmaceuticals (e.g., animal cell cultures, animal cell fermentation, antibody-drug, and material production using microorganisms). She has experience in U.S. and Hague design patent application preparation and prosecution, as well as in U.S. and Madrid trademark application preparation and prosecution.
Tomoko worked at Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. as a Biomedical Research Engineer in the Bioengineering Section engaged in pharmaceutically useful antibody producing human-human hybridoma cell culture/fermentation research, and as a Research Coordinator in the Research Coordination Office. She is a named inventor on two Japanese patent applications for Mitsui Chemicals. While attending Toho University, she worked as an Undergraduate Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Embryology and also has experience as an Undergraduate Research Assistant at the National Institute of Radiological Sciences.
In addition to her native Japanese, Tomoko speaks fluent English.
Tomoko is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, J.D., May 2010
- Tsujitani Medical Translating Office, Osaka Japan, Medical Translating, 2002-2003
- Fellow Academy, Tokyo, Japan, Patent Translating, 2001-2002
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia,
- Advanced Composition for Science Students, 2001
- Babel Professional School of Translation, Tokyo, Japan,
- General Translating, 1998-2001
- Toho University, Chiba, Japan, B.S. in Biology, 1990
- Ohio Supreme Court
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office