Tanya is a partner at the firm whose practice involves patent preparation and prosecution for clients spanning in a wide range of technology products and services, including the electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and computer software fields.
Specifically, this includes patent-related work in the following areas:
- Wireless communication modules (including power amplifiers, front-end-circuits, antennas, switches)
- Semiconductor modules and fabrication
- Automotive electronics (including cameras, power supplies, sensors, and navigation systems)
- Electric motor control circuits and sensors
- Medical devices (including hearing devices, monitoring and diagnostics equipment, and medical imaging)
- Refrigeration and cooling control systems
- Aircraft control systems
- Optical devices (including optical sensors, optical filters, lenses, and imaging systems)
- Software related to control systems, image processing, diagnostic systems, and payment processing
Prior to joining Pearne & Gordon, Tanya clerked for a business court judge in Las Vegas and then practiced for three years in Nevada, primarily in the areas of business and commercial litigation, trust, probate, and guardianship litigation, gaining experience in court procedures, client counseling, alternative dispute resolution, and transactional work. She attended law school while working full-time as a regulatory analyst and legal assistant for a telecommunications provider, working with sales and technical personnel, in-house counsel, and coordinating litigation activities with outside counsel. Prior to her legal career, Tanya was an electronics and automation engineer at the Research Institute for Magnetic and Optical Systems in Sofia, Bulgaria, where she was involved in developing an automated system for design of electronic components.
In addition to her native Bulgarian, Tanya speaks fluent English and Russian and is proficient in German. She worked for the U.S. Department of Justice as a certified interpreter for the immigration courts system.
Tanya is currently a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of
Law, J.D., 2009; Notes Editor, Law Review; CALI Awards for the highest grade in Trial Advocacy, Advanced Legal Analysis, and Immigration Law; Dean’s List
- Tehnièeski Universitet (Technical University of Sofia), Sofia, Bulgaria, M.S. Electronic Engineering and Microelectronics, minor in Electronics and Automation Engineering, 1990
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Nevada Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office