Chris’s practice involves advising and rendering opinions regarding the patentability of inventions, freedom to operate, infringement and validity in the biotechnological, chemical, pharmaceutical, and mechanical arts, as well as preparing and prosecuting patent applications in those fields.
During law school, Chris was a judicial extern for the Honorable David D. Dowd, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Prior to entering the legal field, Chris earned his M.S. in Chemistry from the University of Pittsburgh. At Pitt, Chris developed novel methodology towards the total synthesis of natural products. Chris was also a medicinal chemist with the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc. and a pharmaceutical sales representative with Eli Lilly & Co.
Chris is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association and of the Board of Directors at Salem Regional Medical Center. He is also a member of the firm’s Inclusion & Diversity Committee.
- University of Akron Law School J.D., 2013, cum laude Production Editor, Law Review
- University of Pittsburgh M.S. Chemistry, 2005
- Youngstown State University B.S. Chemistry, 2002, magna cum laude
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office