J. Gregory Chrisman
216-579-1700 ext. 205
Greg Chrisman is a partner at Pearne & Gordon LLP. He counsels clients on a wide variety of intellectual property matters, including patent portfolio management and strategy, as well as licensing of patents. Greg advises and renders opinions regarding the patentability of inventions, freedom to operate, infringement and validity matters and has experience in drafting and negotiating business agreements.
His experience includes:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications for the chemical industry, including polymers, rubber compositions, adhesives, foams, structural composites, laminates, glass compositions and processing, analytical methods, biofuels, cavitation, and water purification
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications for the pharmaceutical industry, including brand and generic pharmaceutical compositions, oral dosage forms, injectable dosage forms, and active pharmaceutical ingredient processing
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications for the biomedical and mechanical arts industry, including medical devices, implants, water handling systems, tire manufacturing, insulation, reactor vessels, and lighting
- Handling post-grant review proceedings and inter partes review (IPR) of patents
- Filing trademark applications in areas including consumer products, and industrial goods, pharmaceutical products, water handling and purification, and software
- Counseling pharmaceutical companies on early market opportunities, including “Paragraph IV” brand-generic litigation, drug approval matters, including development of Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) strategies, product launch management and exclusivity/forfeiture issues
Prior to entering the legal field, Greg worked as a process engineer for the L’Oreal USA Corporation and for the Washington Group International Corporation. He was responsible for chemical process design projects and the industrial scale-up of batch processes for preparing cosmetic, makeup and personal care products.
Greg is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Intellectual Property law Association.
University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2007
Certificate in Intellectual Property
B.S. Chemical Engineering, Ohio University, 2000
Ohio Supreme Court
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office