Bryan T. Fink
216-579-1700 ext. 262
Bryan’s practice includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the mechanical arts field, along with facilitating trademark and copyright protection. His practice also includes researching and drafting infringement, invalidity, and patentability opinions.
Bryan’s mechanical arts experience has included clients in the following areas:
- Home appliances, including refrigerators, ovens, and laundry equipment
- Aircraft, including engines, wing panels, and ailerons
- Pumps, including diaphragm and rotary vane pumps
- Medical devices, including catheters and bone screws
- Manufacturing, including heat treating fixtures and the manufacture of corrugated paper and semiconductors
- Applicators, including adhesive, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical applicators
Prior to entering the field of law, Bryan worked as a technical sales engineer for Honeywell, selling and providing technical support for electro-mechanical test and measurement equipment, including load cells, pressure sensors, linear transducers, accelerometers and torque sensors. Following his position at Honeywell, Bryan gained additional experience at Diamond Power International, Inc. as a field service engineer, providing diagnostic services and supervising installations of boiler equipment, including cleaning equipment (sootblowers, port rodders), monitoring equipment (cameras), and ash handling systems (collectors, conveyors, grinders, valves, piping, and baghouses).
Bryan began as a law clerk at Pearne & Gordon while attending law school. He is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association.
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2013
The Ohio State University, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2005
Ohio Supreme Court
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office