Andrew W. Jenkins
216-579-1700 ext. 137
Andrew focuses his practice on preparing and prosecuting patent applications, and preparing non-infringement and invalidity opinions, in fields that include artificial intelligence (AI), biomedical and electrical technologies, and various types of software. His experience also includes appeals before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Specific product and area experience includes:
- Design of AI/machine learning systems, methods of training AI/machine learning systems, and the use of AI in applications (e.g., medical diagnostics)
- Physiological sensors (e.g., dry electrodes photoplethysmography sensors, and nerve cuff electrodes)
- Nerve stimulation devices
- Medical imaging (e.g., optical coherence tomography (OCT), particularly for ophthalmological imaging)
- Medical diagnostic equipment (e.g., EKG/EEG machines)
- Circuit designs (e.g., power amplifiers and filters)
- Wireless communication technology
- Other electrical biomedical products
- Signal and image processing software, particularly for medical diagnostics
- Control software (e.g., for medical therapies and home appliances)
- Wireless communications software
- Graphical user interface (GUI) design software
Prior to entering the practice of law, Andrew worked in biomedical laboratories using optical mapping, optical coherence tomography, electrophysiology, immunocytochemistry, and calcium imaging techniques.
During law school, Andrew worked as a law clerk for Cleveland Medical Devices Inc. and its sister companies, helping to secure intellectual property rights for technologies such as medical diagnostic & therapeutic devices, medical sensors, and multi-band radios. He was also a judicial extern for the Honorable Christopher A. Boyko in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Andrew is currently a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association, and the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D. 2013; Managing Editor, Law Review
Case Western Reserve University, B.S. Engineering and Biomedical Engineering with concentration in Bioelectricity, 2010
Ohio Supreme Court
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office